“I had always been a couple of stone overweight, and I had tried all sorts of different things to lose it. At one point I went to a clinic and managed to lose three stone, but it all went back on. Then I put on another three stone when I was pregnant, and after my daughter was born I put on even more."
Of course there were times when I felt like I was struggling, but my determination and focus kept me going. I just kept visualising myself in those skinny jeans, or in that size 10 dress, and in October 2014, I finally reached my goal weight.
Lydia's tips for success
- Stay focused on your goal, visualise that end result. Take it slow and steady; if you can lose a pound a week, you’re doing great.
- Plan ahead, so you know what you’re eating in advance. When you go into the supermarket, have a list and stick to it, then get in and get out – don’t take any detours down the sweet aisle!
- If you have kids, then don’t allow yourself to pick at their food.
- Do make sure to allow yourself a treat every day, that way you won’t feel deprived.
- Drink plenty of water, I fill up a one litre bottle twice a day and make sure to get through it all. If you don’t like water, add some fruit to it.
*Results can vary from person to person.