- 15 chicken drumsticks
- ⅔ tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup Asian rice cooking wine (Sometimes called distilled spirits of rice; not to be confused with sweet rice wine.)
- ¼ cup pure honey
- ¼ cup good quality, regular (not light) soy sauce
- Using paper towels, thoroughly dry each piece of chicken. (Do not skip this step, as moisture from chicken will negatively affect results.) Use a fork to poke holes everywhere on all sides of chicken pieces. Lay drumsticks in baking pans (may need to use 2 pans) making sure not to crowd pieces. Evenly sprinkle kosher salt and black pepper over drumsticks.
- In a bowl, combine cooking wine, honey, and soy sauce; stir well to incorporate. Pour mixture evenly over drumsticks. Rotate drumsticks to coat. Let sit in for 1 hour at moderate room temp, rotating once in between. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350F, with rack on middle position.
- Cover pans tightly with foil and bake 45 minutes. Uncover pans and bake another 20-25 minutes, rotating drumsticks once in between to get a nice browning on all sides. Serve while warm, with sauce from the pan.